The Darkglass Aggressively Distorting Advanced Machine is the result of a collaboration with one of the most celebrated artists in today’s metal scene - Adam "Nolly" Getgood. This pedal captures Nolly’s entire tonal arsenal meticulously refined by years of in-depth testing and experience in one striking enclosure.
There are three fully programmable rotating footswitch presets. Each of these stores your unique blend of compression, distortion, impulse responses, EQ parameters, and signal chain settings. Featuring a unique and innovative top-notch precision touch slider interface, for its 6-band programmable EQ.
It also incorporates a USB-C audio interface and balanced stereo outputs for studio monitors and is equipped with an extra accurate chromatic tuner, that also works well with down-tuned guitars and basses.
- Compression: Controls the amount of input gain to the compressor and intelligently applies the correct amount of makeup gain so that your signal is always driven at the appropriate level, no matter how much compression is applied
- Drive: Adds distortion and drive to your signal, crank this knob to apply Nolly’s favorite vintage distortion to the distorted part of the signal chain
- Character: Changes the tone of the distortion, adding brightness to the distortion signal
- Blend: Mixes between the distortion signal and the clean sidechain signal
- Level: Controls the master volume of ADAM
- Touch Sensitive Sliders: Each slider has a -12 dB to 12 dB range - from left to right, the frequency bands for each slider correspond to a low shelf, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1.5 kHz, 3 kHz, and a high shelf
- Input: This is the primary instrument input on ADAM - connect your instrument or output from your pedal board to the 1/4" mono jack
- Aux In: The stereo input of ADAM enables the playback of backing tracks while practicing or recording - connect your mobile phone, laptop etc. to the 1/8" stereo jack
- Headphone Output: The headphone output can handle headphones with an impedance of 16 - 600 ohms - connect your headphones to the 1/8" stereo jack and set the desired level from the dedicated potentiometer next to the jack
- Balanced Outputs: The two balanced outputs add routing versatility and the option of using ADAM as a fully equipped audio interface
- Direct Output: An XLR output with a ground lift switch provides a reliable standard connection to a mixing desk or an external audio interface for a guaranteed low-noise signal
- MIDI In: A standard 1/8" TRS jack allows connecting an external MIDI controller to ADAM for even more flexibility
- USB: The USB-C port unlocks ADAM’s USB audio interface capabilities and enables interaction with the Darkglass Suite desktop app, allowing for software updates and access to the Darkglass IR library, containing hundreds of cabinet simulations